Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No campaign literature but lots of voters

I went to the polls at about 11:15 this morning and was a little surprised there weren't volunteers from any campaigns handing out literature. Usually there's at least five or six smiling people standing right next to the sign saying "No campaigning past this point" but not this time.

However, inside it was pretty busy considering it wasn't quite lunch time. There weren't any lines yet but I had to grab the last open voting booth; all the others looked to be filled with retirees.I was voter No. 75 in my precinct.

I vote in Parma, which often is characterized as being blue-collared Democrat, but signs expressing support for the Tea Party have matched Kucinich ones this year. So, it's tough to tell which party could benefit from such a decent voter turnout.

John Bertosa
City Editor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home